Provide answers to five of the essay questions below.
First, answer all of the following four questions:
– 1. What does Aristotle mean by calling virtue a “mean between extremes?” Explain what this idea means, and provide at least one example of how it would apply to a concrete moral situation.
– 2. What is Kant’s Categorical Imperative? Explain what this idea means, and provide at least one example of how it would apply to a concrete moral situation.
– 3. What is the Principle of Utility? Explain what this idea means, and provide at least one example of how it would apply to a concrete moral situation.
– 4. What is cultural relativism in ethics? Explain this idea, and its major drawbacks.
Then, answer one of the following two questions:
– 5. Of the three main philosophical ideas of ethics examined in this section (Aristotelian virtue theory, Kant’s Categorical Imperative, or Mill’s Utilitarianism), which do you think best expresses the nature of morality? And why do you think so?
– 6. Is it necessary to be religious in order to be moral? If so, why? and is it further necessary to be a member of any particular religion in order to be moral? If not, why not? and what role should religion play in morality if it’s not necessary for it?
Answers must be written in Microsoft Word. To submit your answers, click on the link above, and on the new page, attach the file.
Answers should be submitted in a single document, but they should be numbered separately. (The assignment is not a single essay, but distinct answers.)
Each answer must be at least 250 words in length. Answers that are too short will receive deductions according to the length policy detailed in the Course Syllabus.
You don’t necessarily need to consult outside sources to write good answers. However, if you do, please cite them correctly, and do not use Wikipedia as a source for any quotations or significant content.
Each answer must be written in your own words. Any question set containing plagiarized answers will be penalized according to the plagiarism policy detailed in the Course Syllabus.
See the “Course Schedule” section of the Course Syllabus for the date and time the assignment is due. Any question set submitted late will be penalized according to the late policy detailed in the Course Syllabus.
Did you know that effective analysis of concepts requires professionalism in handling academic research Papers? Do no compromise on your grade choose professional Research writers at tenacitypapers.com