Behaviorism and Social Cognitive Theories
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, please read and view the following required sources:
- The importance of a deeper knowledge of the history and theoretical foundations of behavior analysis: 1863–1960 (Links to an external site.)
- The Importance of a Deeper Knowledge of the History and Theoretical Foundations of Behaviorism and Behavior Therapy: Part 2—1960–1985 (Links to an external site.)
- John B. Watson – The Father of Behaviourism
- Bandura’s Social Cognitive theory: An Introduction
In your initial post, include the following:
Summarize the foundational approaches of behavior analysis (previously known as behaviorism) and social cognitive (previously known as social learning) theory (SCT) and the early theorists associated with each theory. Be sure to note the drastic differences between behaviorist theories versus cognitivist theories.
- Describe how the two theories might be utilized in practice in the career path that interests you.
- If you are not pursuing a career field, how might it apply to your daily personal interactions?
- Evaluate the cultural considerations that should be considered when applying these theories in research today?
- Example: Social cognitive theory suggests modeling and efficacy as key variables that determine behavior. How might culture affect how we analyze these variables? How could self-bias affect our research findings if not considered
Did you know that effective analysis of concepts requires professionalism in handling academic research Papers? Do no compromise on your grade choose professional Research writers at tenacity papers.com