1. In what ways did the Second Great Awakening and transcendentalism reflect and react to the changes in antebellum American thought and culture?
2. What did the antebellum communal projects have in common? How did the ones most influenced by religion differ from those that had other influences?
3. In what ways do temperance, health reforms, and phrenology offer reflections on the changes in the United States before the Civil War? What needs did these reforms fill in the lives of antebellum Americans?
4. Of the various approaches to the problem of slavery, which one do you find to be the most effective and why?
5. How did the Compromise of 1850 both settle the short-term issues in the Union and create problems for the future?
6. How did the Kansas-Nebraska Act shatter the temporary peace between North and South and lead to the creation of the Republican Party?
7. What was the Dred Scott Decision and how did it ratchet up tensions between North and South even further?
8. John Brown is often described as a terrorist. Do you agree with this description? Why or why not? What attributes might make him fit this profile
Do You Know That our Professional Writers are on Stand-by to Provide you with the Most Authentic Custom Paper. Order with us Today and Enjoy an Irresistible Discount!