Student Discussion Assignment
- Identify or trace the path of a red blood cell through all anatomical/structural areas of the heart.
- Identify and briefly describe the components of the intrinsic conduction system in the transmission of the impulse in the heart.
- View the anatomical models Figure 30.2 (a), (b), (c), and Figure 31.1 from your Laboratory Manual and identify the structures that are described by the following statements. Post your brief responses in the threaded Discussion Area below.
- Superior heart chambers
- Pumps the heart
- Provides nutrient blood to the L ventricle heart muscle
- Drains blood into the R atrium
- Delivers oxygenated blood from lungs to L atrium
- AV valve between R atrium and R ventricle
- Divides the heart longitudinally into R and L sides
- Carries oxygenated blood to all arteries
- Dense network of conductive cells throughout the ventricles
- View the histology slides Figure 30.7 in your Laboratory Manual and identify the microscopic structures indicated by a leader line, number, or bracket. In the threaded Discussion Area below, briefly describe the function of:
- Figure 30.7 intercalated discs
- Figure 30.7 cardiac muscle cells
- Figure 30.7 nucleus
As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format. Support your work, using your course lectures and textbook readings. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the South University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What awaits you:
- High-Quality custom-written papers
- Automatic plagiarism check
- On-time delivery guarantee
- Masters and PhD-level writers
- 100% Privacy and Confidentiality