304.1.3 : Cost-Quality Relationship
The graduate understands the relationship between costs and quality.
You are employed by a firm that produces tangible products. These products are then sold to a consuming populace that is unaffected by place, income, sex, race, age, or any environmental concerns. These products are acquired and used across the spectrum of consumers.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Prepare a memo (suggested length of 2–3 pages) to your supervisor that addresses the following:
- Identify the threetypes of costs when quality considerations are made.
- Explain eachof these types of costs using examples.
- Evaluate the threetypes of costs considering the trade-offs within manufacturing a product and/or producing a service.
- Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
- Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.