7-1 Discussion: Ethics of Testing on Vulnerable PopulationsIn this discussion, we will explore the ethics of testing on vulnerable populations. After reviewing the required resources, answer the questions below. Your initial post should be a minimum of 200 words. When you describe ideas that are not your own, be sure to paraphrase and not use direct quotations.
For your initial post, address the following:
- What are some examples of vulnerable populations in cognitive psychology? What makes them vulnerable?
- What is an example of a precaution that psychological scientists can use when testing or applying a new protocol or technology that might help a vulnerable population?
- Between the need to help people with cognitive impairments and the need to patiently accumulate reliable data, where should we draw the line?
- What are the dangers of unsupported claims by researchers and the media in products sold as “helping your memory” or “enhancing your attention”?
- How does the concept of testing on vulnerable populations apply to at least one of the following programmatic course themes?
- Social justice
- Emotional intelligence (EI)
- Career connections
Remember to respond to two peers while being respectful of and sensitive to their viewpoints. Consider advancing the discussion in the following ways:
- Post an article, video, or visual to reinforce a peer’s idea or challenge them to see their point from a different perspective.
- Engage in conversation with your peers around the ethics of testing on vulnerable populations. Consider asking a question or sharing your personal experience.
papers.com Did you know that effective analysis of concepts requires professionalism in handling academic research Papers? Do no compromise on your grade choose professional Research writers at tenacity